Re: IE5 Feature/security hole

From: Eilon Lipton (yoeat_private)
Date: Thu Mar 25 1999 - 19:15:54 PST

    To remove an item from the drop-down lists that appear, highlight the option
    and press the Delete key. It will then be removed from the list permanently.
    Password fields are never stored in such a way. The only time passwords are
    stored is when you enter a username/password combination and it asks you the
    first time if you wish to store it or not. This is true for both web-based
    forms, and HTTP security (where a dialog box pops open asking you the
    username and password).
    According to Microsoft, the database (call it what you like) where all this
    information is stored is encrypted, so you cannot just go to a random
    machine and grab all the data - you must go to a form that has the proper
    field names in order to get the information.

    Eilon Lipton
    ejliptonat_private
    yoeat_private