IE 5.0 allows reading and sending local files to a remote server

From: Georgi Guninski (joroat_private)
Date: Tue Mar 30 1999 - 08:35:16 PST

    There is a security bug in Internet Explorer 5.0, which allows reading
    and
    sending local files to a remote server.
    The problem is a bug in the DHTML edit control, which allows pasting a
    filename in a FILE object. When the form is submitted via JavaScript,
    the
    contents of the file are sent to a remote server.

    Demonstration is available at: http://www.nat.bg/~joro/fr.html

    Workaround: Disable JavaScript

    I would like to thank Juan Cuartango
    (http://pages.whowhere.com/computers/cuartangojc/index.html) for his IE
    exploits,
    which helped me a lot for discovering this vulnerability!

    Regards,
    Georgi Guninski
    http://www.nat.bg/~joro