Re: wu-ftp 2.4.2 (release VR16) /bin/ftponly

From: Bluefish [@ home] ([@)
Date: Sat Apr 03 1999 - 04:33:54 PST

    I want to notify that the problem described in my email is no longer
    reproduceable, and why the problems occured after the upgrade from beta-18
    to VR16 is unknown.

    My machine has been exploited long ago, although all appearent
    insecurities were fixed then, but possibly the problem could
    have been unathorized changes in pam modules which has not been noticed.
    Obvious fixes and upgrades are being applied to the entire system now.

    I wish to appologize for what appears to be an incorrect bugreport to
    bugtraqers and wu-ftpd developers. If I would be able to reproduce the
    problem later and correctly identify what is the cause, I will imedietly
    inform the wu-ftpd developers.