Re: Xylan OmniSwitch "features"

From: willp2 (willp2at_private)
Date: Mon Apr 05 1999 - 22:20:29 PDT

    I tested this on Xylan's 3.2.5 code.
    I could not reproduce the bug.

    -----Original Message-----
    From: pmsacat_private <pmsacat_private>
    To: BUGTRAQat_private <BUGTRAQat_private>
    Date: Monday, April 05, 1999 1:34 PM
    Subject: Re: Xylan OmniSwitch "features"

    To put things real clear, and as I said in the original post:

    -quote-
    This was tested on software version 3.1.8 (the latest I can access).
    -end quote-

    Although I said the user could login/ftp without knowing either user or
    password strings, I _didn't_ said it would be just a matter of
    entering random characters and pressing carriage return (that would be
    a really funny one, but hey, it's not much further from the real thing).

    - copy & paste ---------------------------------------------------------
    [pmsac@localhost pmsac]$ telnet switch
    Trying www.xxx.yyy.zzz...
    Connected to www.xxx.yyy.zzz.
    Escape character is '^]'.

    Welcome to the Xylan OmniSwitch! Version 3.1.8
    login   : ajsdkal
    password:

    Xylan OmniSwitch - Copyright (c), 1994-1998 XYLAN Inc.
    All rights reserved.

    When you get the password prompt, just press ctrl+d (^D), the user
    string is arbitrary. You won't get privileges to run any command, not
    even the "exit" one, you have to close the connection "manually".