Re: Bug in Winroute 3.04g

From: Max Vision (visionat_private)
Date: Fri Apr 09 1999 - 16:12:05 PDT

    On Fri, 9 Apr 1999, Michael R. Rudel wrote:
    > There is a bug in the remote proxy server admin part of Winroute 3.04g.
    > I have tested it on an earlier release (3.04a), and that is also
    > vulnerable.

    Confirmed on Winroute Pro 3.04
    http://localhost:3129/admin/config/ takes yous straight to the
    configuration options without authentication.

    If one is going to use Winroute, I highly recommend turning on the
    packet filter found at Settings -> Advanced -> Packetfilter

    An unrelated bug is that the packetfilter refuses to pass on tcp 139
    regardless of implicite configuration otherwise.

    Max