Re: ipop3d (x2) / pine (x2) / Linux kernel (x2) / Midnight

From: Luca Berra (blucaat_private)
Date: Sat Apr 10 1999 - 08:27:33 PDT

    On Fri, Apr 09, 1999 at 02:17:17PM +0200, Pavel Machek wrote:
    > Hi!
    >
    > > > 7. Midnight Commander 4.x bugs (x2)
    > >
    > > While Miguel de Icaza claims there's no known bugs in mc, Pavel Machek
    > > confirmed that there are still not fixed races.
    >
    > I checked out cvs of mc today, and races are gone. Owen Taylor did the
    > work. Is there any more problems in midnight you know of?

    Yup, most of the vfs shell scripts sux
    i.e.: many contain things like '> $3' unquoted.
    the mc.sh example script is a perfect example of how
    a script should not be written ($RANDOM is not at all a safe
    way to generate temporary file names)

    i tried to patch whatever i found,
    all my patches to mc, if anyone cares, can be found at

    http://www.comedia.it/bluca/mc/

    Regards,
    Luca

    --