Re: ARP problem in Windows9X/NT

From: gandalfat_private
Date: Tue Apr 13 1999 - 08:07:53 PDT

    On Tue, 13 Apr 1999 routeat_private wrote:
    > [kay wrote]
    > | I started writing that proggie with plain syscalls, but it would only run
    > | on Linux, so I modified one of the examples in Route's Libnet 0.9 to do
    > | the stuff. I haven't tested it yes since I don't have LAN at home...
    >
    >     Didn't test your code.  Rolled my from the same libnet example, and it
    >     does work against NT and 95/98.

    Your code, humerously enough, was almost exactly the same as mine, I was
    even using libnet.  However neither your code nor mine causes more than
    one messagebox to appear on my NT4 sp4 machine.

    I actually tried this a month or two ago, and gave up since it seemed to
    have no effect on NT, I swear at the time I tested 95 and 98 too.  Looking
    at it again, both your code and mine _do_ have the multi-messagebox effect
    on a 95B machine,

    Unfortunetly i don't have a 98 to test on, or an non sp4 NT machines.  For
    those who have gotten it to work on NT, what sp level was NT at?
    BTW, this is all from linux 2.2.5.

    -chris

    Christopher Rogers      Stevens Institute of Technology
    gandalfat_private       http://www.pobox.com/~gandalf

    If at first you do succeed, try to hide your astonishment.