Re: eBay password stealing with JavaScript

From: Paul Festa (paulfat_private)
Date: Wed Apr 21 1999 - 17:45:47 PDT

    They say they won't:

    http://www.news.com/News/Item/0,4,35321,00.html

    >>>eBay acknowledged that the JavaScript exploit works, but minimized its
    importance.

    "We know it's there, but you have to put it all in perspective," said eBay
    spokesman Kevin Pursglove. "We have a very open environment that lets
    individuals describe what they're selling, and JavaScript is there so
    people can make the best of their abilities to describe an item."<<<

    At 08:30 PM 4/20/99 -0600, Michael K. Sanders wrote:
    >Since 'e-commerce' was discussed recently and I didn't find this in
    >the archives, may I direct your attention to:
    >
    ><URL:http://because-we-can.com/ebayla/default.htm>
    >
    >It will be interesting if eBay tries to 'filter' JavaScript from their
    >listings to fix this.

    Paul Festa
    reporter, CNET News.com
    (415) 395-7805 ext. 1313

    www.news.com
    "Silicon Valley's leading source of up-to-the-minute
    information about the technology business." --New York Times

    www.cnet.com
    "A thing called CNET, which is an industry thing." --Bill Gates