WebShop advisory.

From: Elaich Of Hhp (hhpat_private)
Date: Thu Apr 22 1999 - 10:09:32 PDT

                     (hhp) WebShop advisory. (hhp)
    Alright  to  my  knowledge,  there  is another dangerous shop service
    if  installed  the  right way.  I  contacted  the vendor and notified
    the  admin  of the problem.  I have the feeling this isnt all though.
    I'm  almost  posotive  there are more dangerous shopping services out
    there that will be found very soon after all these posts get noticed.
    So  for  now I will look around,  please dont flood my email and i'll
    repost if I find anything else.

    Please  remember  this  does  not mean there is a flaw in the service
    unless  it is by defualt this is left readable on a clean instalation
    with  no  configuration  files  to  modify  the permissions. Also PGP
    options would illiminate most of the problems.

    Also  please  note  I  did not install this software, the info I have
    gathered  was  on  the website and the vulnerable site was found by a
    search engine.

    Info:

    WebShop via http://www.inetlab.com/products.html
      Platforms: Windows 95/98/NT on Intel
                 Linux on Intel or Sparc
                 Solaris on Intel or Sparc
                 FreeBSD 2.2 or smaller on Intel
                 FreeBSD 3.0 on Intel
                 BSDI/OS on Intel............... (Found vuln server.)
                 Silicon Graphics Irix on MIPS.. (Found vuln server.)
      Executable: WebShop.cgi
      Exposed Directory: WebShop or webshop
      Exposed Order info: WebShop/templates/cc.txt
                          and or WebShop/logs/cc.txt and ck.log
      Number of exposed installs found: 2+
      PGP Option available?: Unknown.

    elaich - 4:16:15CST 4/22/1999
    elaich of the hhp.
    Email: hhpat_private / pigspigsat_private
    Voice: 1800-Rag-on-gH pin: The-hhp-crew
    Web: http://hhp.hemp.net