Re: Shopping Carts exposing CC data

From: Bo Elkjaer (booat_private)
Date: Sun Apr 25 1999 - 04:38:43 PDT

    Hi Joe
    Your CC-exposures are gaining momentum. Right now I'm only waiting for the
    mainstream papers to catch up. I'm a journalist myself, working for one of
    Denmarks largest newspapers, but my boss don't think this is interesting stuff.
    Heh. Asshole.

    Found out some more:

    Cybercash 2.1.4 - http://www.cybercash.com
    Platforms: Sparc?
    Exposed directory: /smps-2.1.4-solaris-sparc/
    Exposed orderinfo: Several files, as far as I can see. Many are located in the
    /db/credit directory.
    Whats worse: Exposed admin-password and configuration-files: admin.pw and
    admin.conf.

    I seem to remember that Cybercash was mentioned on this list a while ago because
    of a bug in the debug configuration which meant that you couldn't disable full
    debugging. Not sure though, and my memory has a record of leakages.

    Bo Elkjaer, Denmark