Security Configuration Editor info

From: Paul Leach (paulleat_private)
Date: Thu Apr 29 1999 - 13:53:05 PDT

    Since I said that SCE could be used to fix the ProfileList bug that Mnemonix
    reported, I got a private request asking where more information about SCE
    (Security Configuration Editor) could be found -- they'd tried the usual
    places.

    I think they changed the name since SP4 to "Security Configuration Manager",
    but I called it SCE becaue most people know it by the old name, since that's
    what it was called in SP4. I did a search on that exact phrase at
    www.microsoft.com and got a lot of hits, the first one was

    http://www.microsoft.com/NTServer/security/techdetails/prodarch/securconfig.
    asp
    <http://www.microsoft.com/NTServer/security/techdetails/prodarch/securconfig
    .asp>

    which looks pretty good. In general, a good place to look for security info
    on MS products is

    http://www.microsoft.com/security/Resources/whitepapers.as
    <http://www.microsoft.com/security/Resources/whitepapers.asp> p

    Paul