Re: Buffer overflow in ftpd and locate bug

From: Crispin Cowan (crispinat_private)
Date: Mon May 03 1999 - 16:27:34 PDT

    "[tgo]" wrote:

    > On 23 February I send to bugtraq a comment about this problem
    > (ignored by aleph1 ? hehe :)
    > http://www.nearz.org/new/lynx/text/1999/FEB-Pathnames

    Probably because I posted this "locate" vulnerability to Bugtraq in September
    1998:

       *  http://www.geek-girl.com/bugtraq/1998_3/0867.html
       *  http://www.geek-girl.com/bugtraq/1998_3/0873.html

    However, the "rm" probelm on tgo's page is new to me.

    Crispin
    -----
     Crispin Cowan, Research Assistant Professor of Computer Science, OGI
        NEW:  Protect Your Linux Host with StackGuard'd Programs  :FREE
           http://www.cse.ogi.edu/DISC/projects/immunix/StackGuard/

                     Support Justice:  Boycott Windows 98