Re: [linux-security] OpenLinux 2.2: LISA install leaves root

From: Ralf Flaxa (rfat_private)
Date: Sun May 09 1999 - 06:15:09 PDT

    Hi Andrew,

    We are currently checking whether this is a FTP version only
    phenomena or not.

    In any case we will make new (old style) LISA images available
    this afternoon (MET). Watch for the 138 images. I'll post a
    follow-up to this mail when they are available.

    Note that *only* the LISA (old style) install is affected.
    The lizard (new style, graphical) install is not affected.

    To avoid confusion - old style images carry 1xx numbers,
    new style images carry 2xx numbers.

    If you had to use the old style images, the quick fix
    is to remove (after installation) the lines starting with
    "help" from /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow.

    Until later

    	Ralf