Re: Bookmarks security vulnerabilities in both Internet Explorer

From: Jim Reavis (jreavisat_private)
Date: Tue May 11 1999 - 21:59:32 PDT

    I did get this to work as described with IE 5.0 on Win 95.  It failed until
    I re-read the directions and opened a local GIF with the "file:///" syntax
    versus "c:\"

    Using NT SP5, I got an access denied in a large dialog box that contained
    Georgi's code.  He didn't mention NT in his original advisory, so I assume
    it is just Win 9X issue?

    Jim Reavis
    SecurityPortal.com - the focal point for security on the Net
    Jreavisat_private <mailto:Jreavisat_private>