Re: [BIND-BUGS #18] Non-delegated master domains

From: Ian Carr-de Avelon (ianat_private)
Date: Thu May 13 1999 - 02:34:06 PDT

    Dear Mark,
    markaat_private wrote Thu May 13 10:12:49 1999:

    >	The message you cite was replied to with a question (by
    >	Jeff Schreiber) for which no reply was received asking were there
    >	any errors logged / or did he restart the server.
    I saw that. I thought the implication was that this was clearly something
    occuring only at that one site, and I guess the writer thought that too
    and found some workround. Or maybe he found what I did (below) and
    didn't want to own up.

    >	Can you please send me a cut down configuration (named.conf +
    >	zonefiles) so I can see what you are attempting to do.
    Here is the full named.conf and zone files for HDF.COM.PL and OOPS!
    OK found it while I am writing this. /usr/sbin/named is old, so it
    is reading from /etc/named.boot. All the other files are new, so I
    guess that I unpacked while named was running and carried right
    on with other things without spoting there had been an error updating
    that file. My appoligies to ISC, and everyone else I have slured and
    lead astray.
    Yours
    Ian