Re: LD_PRELOAD: Clarification

From: John Daniele (JDanieleat_private)
Date: Tue May 18 1999 - 09:06:47 PDT

    Barnett wrote:
    > cc    -o rollover rollover.c
    > "rollover.c", line 75: undefined symbol: PTRACE_PEEKUSR
    > "rollover.c", line 77: undefined symbol: EBX
    > cc: acomp failed for rollover.c
    > *** Error code 2
    > Solaris 2.6
    > What OS is your program for?

    the
    time of the LD_PRELOAD posting, thus my code reflects this. However, Solaris
    2.6 should support PTRACE_PEEKUSR as this was favoured over PTRACE_READDATA
    in 2.5 I believe (correct me if I'm wrong). In any case, look at <sys/ptrace.h>
    for valid request types. The value of EBX is defined in <asm/ptrace.h> and is 0.
    If all else fails, you can always issue ioctl routines on a process within the
    /proc filesystem ;)

    										John
    Daniele
    										jdanieleat_private