Re: Solaris libc exploit

From: Dust (dustat_private)
Date: Tue May 25 1999 - 11:57:00 PDT

    On Tue, May 25, 1999 at 09:30:53AM -0500, Wyman Eric Miles wrote:
    > Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't 105210-06 or higher address this
    > under 2.6?  I've been unable to get the exploit to work on any patched
    > system, though it works nicely on any architecture I've tried which
    > doesn't have the patch.

    According 105210 description:

    (from 105210-06)

    4118295 LC_* can be used to obtain root access from setuid programs

    I've tried to find the referenced bug description, but I wasn't able to
    find it on the Sunsolve KB.

    --
    Tact is the ability to tell a man he has an open mind when he has a
    hole in his head.