Re: Solaris libc exploit Re: Solaris libc exploit

From: Peter Harvey Solaris Sustaining Engineering (peter.harveyat_private)
Date: Wed May 26 1999 - 13:10:56 PDT

    Ricky,

    Excuse my not being clear enough here. A few people have already asked
    me about this (to whom I replied individually).

    > So 105210 doesn't fix the problem.

    The patch I referred to does not fix the current exploit (you are
    correct). I think perhaps you misunderstood my email. The bug 4118295 I
    referred to is already fixed in the patch as I described.  This current
    exploit is new.

    I emailed BUGTRAQ to confirm:

    	(a) bug 4118295 is different
    	(b) bug 4118295 is already fixed
    	(c) this exploit is new (and therefore *not* 4118295)

    -- Peter