second compaq insight manager vulnerablilty

From: Ricky Mitchell (rjmitchellat_private)
Date: Fri May 28 1999 - 05:54:10 PDT

    Greetings,

    Yesterday while I was removing the "web insight agent" service from the our
    vulnerable NT servers, I noticed on some machines that port 2301 was still
    vulnerable. To completely remove the problem, make sure you also stop the
    "surveryor" service as well if you have that installed. That will
    completely shut off access to port 2301 and plug the hole.

    Regards,

    Rick Mitchell
    NT administrator
    Columbia Gas Transmission Corp