Re: Citrix Winframe client for Linux

From: Keresztfalvi Gabor (kg230at_private)
Date: Sat May 29 1999 - 02:53:27 PDT

    On Fri, 28 May 1999, David Terrell wrote:
    > The Citrix Winframe linux client (used for accessing Winframe and
    > Windows NT Server Terminal Edition) has a simple configuration section.
    > Perhaps too simple....  All configuration information is stored in a
    > directory /usr/lib/ICAClient/config which is mode 777.  This in and
    > of itself is bad news, since any user on the system can overwrite
    > configuration data.
    [snip]
    > When you start up the actual session manager (wfcmgr) you get a listbox
    > of configured sessions.  The data for this listbox is stored in the mode
    > 777 file /usr/lib/ICAClient/config/appsrv.ini.  So  there's a single
    > config file shared between all users.  A sample session profile follows:

    I checked it both on Citrix ICA Client for Linux version 2.8.1 and 3.0.15.
    Your report is true for 2.8.1, but all of the bugs are already fixed in
    3.0.15. So /usr/lib/ICAClient/config is 555 now, and every user has own config
    files in ~/.ICAClient.
    The version 3.0.15 appeared on 1/18/99.

    Greets,
    Keresztg

    + Keresztfalvi Gabor
    + Student of the Technical University of Budapest
    + mailto: keresztgat_private  keresztgat_private  kg230at_private
    + http://www.piar.hu/~keresztg/   There is my pubkey on this page.