Exploit in Internet Explorer 5.0

From: THR - (thr_at_private)
Date: Mon May 31 1999 - 09:18:02 PDT

    Hi everyone!

    I have found a bug which will freeze Internet Explorer 5.0
    I know that there are *many* bugs that will crasch browsers
    but what makes this one special is the following:

    In IE 5.0 Microsoft has fixed the bugs from IE 4.0 that
    was based on infinit loops in JavaScript. If a JavaScript
    contains a loop which will cause IE 5.0 to run slowly
    or be unresponsive, the user will be warned and he/she will
    be prompted whether the JavaScript should be aborted or
    not. This exploit is a JavaScript which changes the bgColor in
    an infinit loop and when you open it you wont get a warning.
    The browser will just freeze!
    Get the source code here: http://members.xoom.com/thr_/my/color.txt

    //THR
             WWW: http://fly.to/unixhacking