New Allaire Security Bulletin (ASB99-09)

From: aleph1at_private
Date: Tue Jun 01 1999 - 11:45:35 PDT

    Dear Allaire Customer --

    We have recently become aware of a serious security vulnerability that may affect
    customers using Microsoft Access with ColdFusion. This issue is not a problem with
    ColdFusion, but can occur when using some versions of the Microsoft Access ODBC driver.

    We have created a new Allaire Security Bulletin that documents this issue and the steps
    that customers can take to protect themselves. If you are using Microsoft Access with
    your Web applications we strongly recommend that you review this new bulletin:

    	ASB99-09: Solutions to Issues that Allow Users to Execute Commands through
    	Microsoft Access

    You can find this new bulletin and information about other security issues in the
    Allaire Security Zone:

    	http://www.allaire.com/security

    As a Web application platform vendor, one of our highest concerns is the security
    of the systems our customers deploy. We understand how important security is to
    our customers, and we're committed to providing the technology and information customers
    need to build secure Web applications. Allaire has set up an email address that customers
    can use to report security issues associated with an Allaire product: secureat_private

    Thank you for your time and consideration on this issue.

    -- Allaire Security Response Team