Re: whois_raw.cgi problem

From: Peter van Dijk (peterat_private)
Date: Tue Jun 01 1999 - 15:16:42 PDT

    On Tue, Jun 01, 1999 at 12:34:51AM +0200, Salvatore Sanfilippo -antirez- wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > 	sorry if this has already been known.
    >
    > 	There is a problem in whois_raw.cgi, called from
    > 	whois.cgi. whois_raw.cgi is part of cdomain v1.0.
    > 	I don't know if new versions are vulnerable.

    Version 2.0 is just as vulnerable.

    The commercial version (the one that runs on NT too :) is _not_ vulnerable
    since it does it's own socket thing instead of starting 'whois'.

    I've known of this bug in cdomain for about 6 months but never got around
    to writing up an advisory...

    Greetz, Peter
    --
    | 'He broke my heart,    |                              Peter van Dijk |
         I broke his neck'   |                     peterat_private |