Re: Buffer overflows in smbval library

From: Richard Sharpe (sharpeat_private)
Date: Tue Jun 08 1999 - 02:23:10 PDT

    At 08:44 AM 6/7/99 -0700, Patrick Michael Kane <pmkat_private> wrote:
    >One follow-up.  I misattributed authorship of the smbval library.  It was
    >written by Richard Sharpe, not Alexander O. Yuriev.

    Hmmm,

    I can't remember writing smbval.

    I do remember writing SMBlib, and am certain that pam_smb is based on that,
    and I freely admit that it could have buffer overflows in it.

    I have learned since :-)

    Regards
    -------
    Richard Sharpe, sharpeat_private, NS Computer Software and Services P/L,
    Samba (Team member www.samba.org), Ethereal (Team member www.zing.org)
    Co-author, SAMS Teach Yourself Samba in 24 Hours
    Author, First Australian Linux Course