Re: Bastille Linux amd kha0S Linux

From: Bruno Wolff III (brunoat_private)
Date: Tue Jun 08 1999 - 12:27:07 PDT

    On Thu, Jun 03, 1999 at 08:29:02PM -0400,
      "M. Adam Kendall" <makat_private> wrote:

    > Should anyone want to view the three major secure linux projects, the web
    > sites
    > listed should give anyone enough information about all of them.

    There are also some other related projects.

    The Linux-Privs project is adding posix 1e capabilities to Linux. This
    keeps the admin from having to give away the whole system to setuid
    programs. It doesn't solve problems for users that want to run untrusted
    programs without having them able to do annoying things to them.
    There is information on this at:
    http://www.us.kernel.org/pub/linux/libs/security/linux-privs/doc/linux-privs.html/linux-privs.html
    http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/elfcap.html

    There is also the Dionysix project to develop a posix environment on top
    of EROS. I don't know how active this project really is. You can find out
    more about EROS at:
    http://www.eros-os.org/