Re: VVOS/Netscape Bug

From: John Daniele (JDanieleat_private)
Date: Thu Jun 10 1999 - 16:58:32 PDT

    Since I discovered this vulnerability during a penetration test on a client
    system I did not have
    adequate time to fully investigate the problem. I apologize for the
    'misinformation', which I had
    cross-checked with HP prior to posting. However, of the three such systems I
    attempted to
    exploit, it did not only affect NES but other applications they had bound as
    well. It may warrant
    another look.

    Secondly, the Virtual Vault's product brief it states that it 'utilizes tough
    B1 and B2 standards'
    therefore I felt it was safe to use the word 'utilize' and 'comply'
    interchangeably. I never mentioned
    that the virtual vault operating system was reviewed and/or certified at the B2
    level.

    John Daniele
    jdanieleat_private
    VOX: (416) 777-3759