Re: Netscape Communicator JavaScript in <TITLE> security

From: John D. Hardin (jhardinat_private)
Date: Sat Jun 12 1999 - 22:58:26 PDT

    On Thu, 27 May 1999, Aleph One wrote:

    > That doesn't really cut it. You can embed JavaScript into things
    > linke onClick, onLoad, etc. You need to kill all those as well.

    Thanks for pointing that out. I've updated the sanitizer to defang the
    event handlers explicitly, which saves blocking the <BODY> and <TITLE>
    tags themselves, and also protects links.

    The current release of the sanitizer is 1.84 and it is available at
    ftp://ftp.rubyriver.com/pub/jhardin/antispam/procmail-security.html

    --
     John Hardin KA7OHZ                               jhardinat_private
     pgpk -a finger://gonzo.wolfenet.com/jhardin    PGP key ID: 0x41EA94F5