Security extensions to Posix (what would have been Posix.1e/2c)

From: Winfried Truemper (truemperat_private)
Date: Thu Jun 17 1999 - 11:37:13 PDT

    Process capabilities, audit and information labeling should have been
    widely introduced and standarized by Posix.1e/2c. Last year the IEEE
    dropped the standard, because it was not clear when the standards would
    ever be finished. However, there are very interesting ideas described in
    those documents and they provide a good starting point when adding better
    security mechanisms to Unix. So I made an agreement with the IEEE, which
    allows me to offer the unfinished standards works for public downloading.
    The address is http://www.guug.de/~winni/posix.1e/download.html
    Please note, that re-distribution is not allowed.

    The agreement was made possible by the help of Mary Shepherd (IEEE) and
    Casey Schaufler (SGI), the former technical editor of the standard. I want
    to thank both for their work and the IEEE for their generous gesture.

    -Winfried
    Xpilot players summercamp 1999 in Skallerup (north of denmark)
    For details see  http://www.guug.de:8080/cgi-bin/summermeeting/