Re: Fwd: Information on MS99-022

From: Marc (Marcat_private)
Date: Sat Jul 03 1999 - 15:39:28 PDT

    I am glad this thread is now on bugtraq since Russ Cooper filters my posts
    to NTBugtraq.

    People should not have to pay for "full disclosure" of MS advisories.
    However, it probably does not surprise most that MS would hook up with
    another company to do such a thing.

    Also, it seems that MS thinks it is a "safe idea" to just give the full
    details to the ICSA so that way the wrong people do not get full details
    about it. However, as was pointed out by someone on NTBugtraq, there are
    always a few bad eggs that will leak out the information. So why make it a
    pain in the ass for the security community to get full details when the
    details will get out any way. Either do not give any details to anyone or
    give them to everyone.

    We at eEye are hopefully going to start "re-releasing" Microsoft's
    advisories with full details. We however are hard pressed for time around
    here so if anyone wants to help out to figure out all the details about
    future MS advisories and write demonstration code etc, drop me an eMail.

    Signed,
    Marc
    eEye Digital Security Team
    http://www.eEye.com