Re: MS Chap v2 analysis

From: Paul Leach (paulleat_private)
Date: Wed Jul 07 1999 - 16:20:09 PDT

    Correct. But since the best attack is against the passwords themselves, the
    reduction from 16 bytes to 14 bytes of strength from the password hash isn't
    the primary issue.

    Don't get me wrong -- I'm not going to claim that the MASCHAPv2 is the best
    password based challenge/response protocol in the world.

    Paul