Re: BUGTRAQ:// Re: PGP 6.5.1 has been released

From: Nick_ (nickcat_private)
Date: Thu Jul 08 1999 - 06:31:45 PDT

    > On Wed, 7 Jul 1999, Nick_ wrote:
    >
    > > > NEW FEATURES IN 6.5.1
    > > *SNIP*
    > >
    > > I've not been able to find an answer on nai.com, or other PGP
    > > related web sites..  Apparently PGPdisk which was included in
    > > PGP Freeware 6.0.2, is no longer part of the PGP Freeware suite.
    > > Nor can I find it stand alone as Freeware.
    > >

    > The freeware version as released by NAI has never included PGPdisk.  The
    > version released through overseas channels (Replay, etc..) included
    > it with their version.
    >
    > This has been the source of much discussion on the pgp users mailing list.

    The version as distributed by NAI via mcafee.com, as a link from the 'try'
    button on the www.nai.com PGP site, is a zip by the name of
    PGP_Personal_Privacy_6_0_2.zip.  It has with in it a setup.exe w/ a .sig
    from NAI, which includes PGPdisk.  The installed product goes by the
    name of PGP for Personal Privacy 6.0.2 DH.  I got this product from US
    sites, directly affiliated with NAI/PGP/McAfee.

    As you stated above, this is not the Freeware version, this is an unexpiring
    30-day Trialware version of PGP for Personal Privacy.  So my Original
    Message was not completely factual, I am only aware of PGPdisk being
    included in PGP for Personal Privacy 30 day Demo 6.0.2, not PGP
    Freeware 6.0.2

    -Nick

    --
    Nicholas Crawford <nickat_private> / ICQ: 2555860 / Nick_ers@UnderNet IRC
    4096/1024 Diffie-Hellman/DSS PGP key ID: 0x738C4DB4 fingerprint: