Announcing First Annual ToorCon

From: Ben (skaloreat_private)
Date: Tue Jul 13 1999 - 15:42:36 PDT

    ToorCon - San Diego, California's ONLY Comprehensive Computer Security
    Conference

    WHEN

    September 3rd-4th, 1999
    Each day starts at 10am and ends at 6pm

    WHERE

    The Price Center in the University of California, San Diego:
    9500 Gilman Drive
    La Jolla, CA 92093

    WHO

    ToorCon is sponsored by the San Diego 2600 Meeting (sd2600.net) and
    Nightfall Security Group (nfsg.org).

    WHY

    The purpose of ToorCon is to bring a comprehensive, interactive and
    enjoyable conference to the western United States that will help make
    the public aware of the importance of computer security and how to make
    their networks more secure. We will try to cover more general issues
    such as hackers and crackers and how the media uses it's role in the
    computer world but we are going to focus toward specific issues of
    computer security such as IDS, firewalling, buffer overflows, etc.

    PRICE

    ToorCon is $35 at the door for both days. If you live in the San Diego
    area, or wish to pay in advance for large companies please contact me at
    skaloreat_private and we can arrange to pay in advance for $25 per
    person.