Re: AMaViS virus scanner for Linux - root exploit

From: Jim Hebert (jhebertat_private)
Date: Mon Jul 19 1999 - 13:22:57 PDT

    Regarding the patch, I see that it essentially kills whatever "bad"
    characters you thought of. I suggest that the 'what is not explicitly
    allowed is denied' approach and using eliminating all characters except a
    certain list, perhaps an rfc-specified list or sane alteration of it.

    jim

    --
    The Microsoft/Mindcraft/ZDNet benchmarks:
         a) prove Linux is faster than you will ever, ever need.