Re: FW-1 DOS attack: PART II

From: Spitzner, Lance (lanceat_private)
Date: Sat Jul 31 1999 - 21:32:19 PDT

    On 31 Jul 1999, James E McWilliams wrote:

    > Good write up on the page. I have a wild one for you is in the INSPECT code do you think this problem can be solved?  I am going to start looking at it tonight and see what I can get going with it.  One more question I had is and I only heard back from one person saying they filled up the connections on a LINUX proxy based FW in the same matter with NMAP. I was wondering if this would work on other FW's?

    Excellent question about the use of Inspect, I do not know.  I
    talked to several hardcore guru's it may be possible.  If you
    come up with anything, let us know!  Meanwhile, I'll be
    taking a stab at it myself :)

    As for other FW's I don't know.  You would have to learn how
    their connections table works.

    > You might be on to something big...

    Bigger then I thought.  I hope this doesn't blow up in my face :)

    Lance
    http://www.enteract.com/~lspitz