Re: Possible Denial Of Service using DNS

From: markaat_private
Date: Tue Aug 10 1999 - 20:15:30 PDT

    > ------=_NextPart_000_0018_01BEE35A.297221E0

    > Hi,
    >
    > I must admit that I have been really surprised seeing people's
    > 'reaction'
    > on this particular matter. We are used to see really good debates when
    > something 'c00l' comes up to the scene... But this time, nothing: no
    > code review, no debate about possible solutions, ... :?.

    	The only real solution is to have ISP actually police the
    	source addresses of packets entering their networks from
    	their customers.  There is nothing new here.  Good ISP's
    	do this already, bad ones don't.  The best ones will even
    	notify the customers that they have a problem when they
    	see attacks like this lauched from within the customer's
    	network.

    	Mark
    PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: markaat_private