Re: 3com hiperarch flaw [hiperbomb.c]

From: synFlood (synfloodat_private)
Date: Fri Aug 13 1999 - 23:01:10 PDT

    On Thu, Aug 12, 1999 at 06:10:44PM -0400, Jonathan Chapman wrote:
    > The attached program will reboot a 3com HiperARC.  I made an attempt to
    > contact 3com before posting this report, however, I received no response.
    > By flooding the telnet port of a 3com HiperARC using the provided program,
    > the HiperARC unconditionally reboots.  This program is effective over all
    > interfaces, including a dialup.

    Confirmed.
    the problem show on an

    3Com Corporation HiPer Access Router Card Built on Feb 16 1999 at 12:42:34.
    System Version:                           V4.1.59

    i will try to concact the Chilean 3com representatives ASAP to let them know
    about that bug, lets see if 3com do something.

    Regards and thanks for your information.

    a possible work around is to filter telnet via the router, at least this will
    fix off-site DoS...

    ---end quoted text---

    --

    SynFl00d