Jet 3.51 Vul / Office 97

From: hexeditat_private
Date: Wed Aug 18 1999 - 14:32:27 PDT

        I don't particularly agree with the NTBug traq philosophy myself, yet
    Mr.BrootForce did not originally discover this. I received source on this
    issue from my friend rain.forest.puppy the day after it was announced. He
    of
    course got it from Juan Carlos G. Cuartango, as they were discussing the
    issue for a couple of days before it's posting. I in turn forwarded the
    .xls
    file to cyb0rg/asm a friend of mine in Hackcanada. Who in turn passed it
    on
    to BrootForce. So if BrootForce is claiming discovery of this issue, he is
    sadly mistaken. Or if you are simply assuming that brootforce discovered
    the
    issue, then you should perhaps ask questions before assuming. I would like
    to apologize to RFP for ever passing the file along, even if it was to
    someone I trusted implicitly. If it wasn't for me passing it on, this
    wouldn't be an issue. I suppose it also possible that brootforce did
    actually discover this, and told no-one for months, and also said nothing
    when it was posted here. That he lied very convincingly to Cyb0rg/asm when
    they initially discussed the vulnerability, that I had passed on to him.
    So
    all told, IMHO brootforce knew nothing in regards to this before he
    received
    the .xls file that I had received from RFP. And that the initial discovery
    still stands as belonging squarely to Juan Carlos G. Cuartango, and Rain
    Forest Puppy.

    I would also like to please ask Russ to make this a full disclosure list.
    My
    receiving the source on this allowed me to slap together a rough yet
    affective patch for this vulnerability nearly 2 weeks before MS got around
    to it. And  I am responsible for over 1600 NT machines on a province wide
    network, that holds extremely sensitive data on the general population of
    Canada. If I had not got my hands on this, I would have been living in
    absolute fear for the last couple of weeks.

    thanks for your time everyone :)

    Hex_Edit (www.hackcanada.com)