Re: XDM Insecurity revisited

From: Thomas Leitner (tomat_private-GRAZ.AC.AT)
Date: Thu Aug 19 1999 - 01:29:16 PDT

    On Wed, 18 Aug 1999, Jochen Bauer wrote:

    > However, this warning seemed to have little effect as (at least)
    > Digital Unix 4.0E, SuSE Linux 6.1 and Red Hat Linux 6.0 are still

    Digital Unix 4.0x with C2 security enabled, does not have this problem.
    You get a "Cannot obtain database information on this terminal" message
    box when trying to login from an X server which is not authorized in
    the /etc/auth/system/ttys database.

    Tom
    T o m   L e i t n e r                       Dept. of Communications
                                                Graz University of Technology,
    e-mail    : tomat_private-graz.ac.at         Inffeldgasse 12
    Phone     : +43-316-873-7455                A-8010 Graz / Austria / Europe
    Fax       : +43-316-463-697
    Home page : http://wiis.tu-graz.ac.at/people/tom.html
    PGP public key on : ftp://wiis.tu-graz.ac.at/pgp-keys/tom.asc or send
    mail with subject "get Thomas Leitner" to pgp-public-keysat_private
        Before we have the paperless office, we have the paperless toilet!