Re: ftp.exe overflow...

From: Linux Users Strike Today ("hypoclear)
Date: Sun Aug 22 1999 - 15:55:07 PDT

    ---cut---
    >>After i saw the telnet overflow i decided to send my ftp
    >>overflow
    >>(Windows95).

    >>Overflow:
    >>After connecting to a host type:
    >>mdir xx...x's until you can't type anything...
    ---cut---

    I tried this on Windows 98 quickly, and I didn't recieve any
    overflow.  (I didn't really go into trying it on NT or 95,
    because I'm too lasy to turn those computers on too).  At
    least in Win98, ftp.exe seems to limit the number of
    characters which are inputed to any particular command, thus
    not creating an overflow.  Can anyone else reproduce this,
    so ftp.exe crashes, or it pops out some useful memory
    addresses?

    hypoclear - lUSt (Linux Users Strike Today)
    PS - Just 'cause I like Linux doesn't mean I can't post
    about Windows...