(no subject)

From: Anonymous (nobodyat_private)
Date: Thu Aug 26 1999 - 16:24:07 PDT

    Hi ppl,

    I've been browsing through the ftpd code and the overflow
    is really there. But as soon as I made some tests,
    (using CWD function), the vulnerable buffer seems
    to be out of stack space, which turns to be impossible
    to reach the return address. I'm not that sure about
    that because I was warned about that bug from a friend
    of mine, but if it's really true, this problem will
    not mean anything as a security matters (BeroFTPD and
    WUftpd are running from inetd so it wont be a dos).

    stanley
    programmer