Re: [Linux] glibc 2.1.x / wu-ftpd <=2.5 / BeroFTPD / lynx / vlock

From: Olaf Kirch (okirat_private)
Date: Wed Aug 25 1999 - 03:05:32 PDT

    On Sun, Jul 04, 1999 at 01:38:48PM +0200, Michal Zalewski wrote:
    > I'm really angry

    So am I.

    Did you ever think of contacting Linux distribution maintainers before
    making these things public, especially if they have as much impact
    as a remotable hole in wu-ftpd?

    I'm all for full disclosure intellectual property bla bla bla, but
    just unloading a pile of shit on other people's doorsteps is NOT
    what I would call in any way cooperative.

    Olaf

    PS: The wu-ftpd hole seems to apply _only_ to the VR series, and 2.5.
    I checked 2.4beta17 from WU, and it didn't have any of that mapped_path
    stuff.
    --
    Olaf Kirch         |  --- o --- Nous sommes du soleil we love when we play
    okirat_private  |    / | \   sol.dhoop.naytheet.ah kin.ir.samse.qurax