ProFTPD 1.2.0pre4 available

From: Malicious User (markat_private)
Date: Mon Aug 30 1999 - 07:42:44 PDT

    Hi,

    It is not stated on the site yet, but on the ProFTPD mailinglist version
    1.2.0pre4 was announced, which fixes the bug that was mailed to Bugtraq
    this weekend.

    <snip from "MacGyver" <macgyverat_private> >

    Until then, I'm announcing ProFTPD 1.2.0pre4 -- this fixes the bug
    announced on BUGTRAQ, as well as addresses (hopefully) all the
    sprintf-style buffer overruns in ProFTPD.  Please download, test, and
    knock it around.  I suspect this version will still fail on FreeBSD
    (anyone care to offer up an account for me on a FreeBSD system to test
    on?).

    You may get 1.2.0pre4 at ftp://ftp.tos.net/pub/proftpd/.

    </snip>

    --
    FreeBSD ko.nijntje.net 3.2-RELEASE i386
     4:36PM  up 9 days, 18:17, 3 users, load averages: 0.14, 0.05, 0.01