Re: IE 5.0 allows executing programs

From: Paul Schmehl (paulsat_private)
Date: Thu Sep 02 1999 - 20:35:49 PDT

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: Jens Benecke <jensat_private>
    To: <BUGTRAQat_private>
    Sent: Wednesday, September 01, 1999 12:01 PM
    Subject: Re: IE 5.0 allows executing programs

    [snip]

    www.microsoft.com/windows/update/ or
    > something, I'll dig out the URL in case anyone needs to know.

    Well actually  (shock!!!) they've moved the page.  It's now at
    http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/ , but they don't have any of the
    latest patches there.  You have to go to the Office Update site
    (http://officeupdate.microsoft.com/ to find the the Excel ODBC patch
    and the Microsoft Security site (http://www.microsoft.com/security/)
    to find the Virtual Machine and scriptlet/Eyedog patches.