Accept overflow on Netscape Enterprise Server 3.6 SP2

From: Nobuo Miwa (n-miwaat_private)
Date: Sun Sep 12 1999 - 08:17:46 PDT

    Hi,

    I found a vulnerability in "Enterprise 3.6 SP 2 SSL Handshake fix"..
    I sent a malformed URL to the server and its service was dead.

    Its URL is following...

      GET / HTTP/1.0
      Accept: aaaaaaaaaaaaaa...2000byte/gif

    Ofcourse you must be able to execute small code you like with
    "long Accept" command(just like htr problem on IIS).

    I've reported this to Netscape on 31st Aug. They've just
    finished making the patch(maybe SP3). It must be released soon.
    I'm gonna post this to BUGTRAQ after they release the patch, but
    someone posted it to some other mailing lists. So I decided
    to post it to here today.

    Thanks,
    Nobuo Miwa(Moderator of BUGTRAQ-JP)