Re: COM and Windows 2000

From: thomaszat_private
Date: Sun Sep 12 1999 - 08:32:17 PDT

    --K7vMR0LOE8LnfpMf

    > I haven't tested this yet on Server but I'd imagine this would go for the
    > likes of Backup and Server Operators.
    > I've written (well I wrote 1/10th and the MFC wizard did the rest ;-) an MFC
    > app that will edit the registry (changing MSIServer to Spooler), call
    Everyone having the "Restore Files Permission" can undermine system security because he can not only replace any system file disregarding permissions but also replace permissions on any file.
    Therefore Microsoft recommends granting this privilege only to trusted individues.
    We'd better face the fact that Windows hasn't been designed to be a secure system and will therefore never be.

    Thommy

    Growing old is mandatory... growing up is optional.
      T h o m a s   Z e h e t b a u e r   ( TZ251 )
      PGP encrypted mail preferred - KeyID 96FFCB89
           mail pgp-key-requestat_private

    --K7vMR0LOE8LnfpMf

    --K7vMR0LOE8LnfpMf--