Updated Allaire Security Zone Bulletin and Patch Available

From: Aleph One (aleph1at_private)
Date: Wed Sep 29 1999 - 12:33:47 PDT

    Dear Allaire Customer --

    The following Allaire Security Bulletin, has been updated
    and a ColdFusion Serverpatch has been made available at the
    Allaire Security Zone (http://www.allaire.com/security):

    ASB99-10: Addressing Potential Security Issues with Undocumented CFML Tags
    and Functions Used in the ColdFusion Administrator (Patch Available)

    The updated bulletin and patch address potential security issues with
    undocumented CFML tags and functions used in the ColdFusion Administrator
    for customers and ISPs hosting multiple ColdFusion 3.12 and 4.01 applications
    on a single server machine.

    NOTE: If you are not hosting multiple ColdFusion 3.12 and 4.01 applications
    on a single server machine, you should not require this patch.

    As a Web application platform vendor, one of our highest concerns is the security
    of the systems our customers deploy. We understand how important security is to
    our customers, and we're committed to providing the technology and information
    customers need to build secure Web applications. Thank you for your time and
    consideration on this issue.

    -- Damon Cooper
    Security Response Team Coordinator, Allaire Corporation

    P.S. As a reminder, Allaire has set up an email address that customers
    can use to report security issues associated with an Allaire product: secureat_private