Re: Linux GNOME exploit

From: Slackware Security Team (securityat_private)
Date: Wed Sep 29 1999 - 17:52:59 PDT

    On Wed, 29 Sep 1999, Ron DuFresne wrote:
    > Also, since slackware as well <slackware 4.0> documents:
    >
    > - Large repository of contributed software compiled and ready to run. This
    >   includes GNOME 1.0.

    It doesn't include any setuid programs linked with the GNOME libraries
    (not a good idea), and isn't vulnerable to this problem.  Try looking next
    time.

    > The GNOME troubles were cross posted to slackware-securityat_private,
    > though, this looks to be a dead list since nothing has rooled backout of
    > it for two days....

    You must have prior approval to post on slackware-security.  Security
    reports should be mailed to this address, or supportat_private  If
    they're legit, we'll pass them along to the list.

    Take care,

    Pat

    ---
    Patrick J. Volkerding