WIn98 port security query

From: Jay R. Ashworth (jraat_private)
Date: Fri Oct 01 1999 - 12:20:07 PDT

    I've been finding strange ports open lately on one of my Win98 boxen.
    I've found a couple of netstat-for-Windows programs, but, like the Unix
    version, neither of them seem to know how to find out _which process_
    has the socket bound.

    Is this impossible?

    Is it merely too difficult to bother with?

    Is there an lsof(1) for Windows?

    Is this the wrong mailing list on which to ask this question?  ;-)

    Turn the record over, and find out.  No, seriously: replies (and
    mee-too's :-) direct; I'll summarize if there's interest.

    Cheers,
    -- jra
    --
    Jay R. Ashworth                                                jraat_private
    Member of the Technical Staff     Buy copies of The New Hackers Dictionary.