Re: MicroImages MIX X Server

From: Marcus Post (marcus.postat_private)
Date: Wed Oct 06 1999 - 15:47:18 PDT

    Are you certain this is crashing the remote server? Telneting in and sending
    jibberish will have the server close the connection, just the same as
    telneting into a non-telnet port and typing jiberish  (UUCP, SMTP, Kerberos,
    FTP, etc. IIRC) will do.

    #1 Are there any kind of error messages, crash messages, etc, on the host
    machine? The message given was solely on the remote machine trying to telnet
    in. WHats happening with the server?

    #2 Can you check to be certain that the server is using 6000 for it's remote
    X sessions?

    #3 Have you tried connecting with an X client to this server the usual way
    after 'crashing' it this way?

    I find it hard to believe based solely on this telnet log that the server
    actually went down.

    Marcus