Re: The old "." problem

From: David Zverina (davidzat_private)
Date: Thu Oct 14 1999 - 01:20:57 PDT

    If I remember correctly the problem was actually with NT (possibly in Win32
    API?) not distinguishing correctly between filename, filename., filename..,
    etc. as illustrated below. This means that this problem affects every piece
    of software under NT which does not take specific steps to prevent it. Same
    goes for the "::$DATA" suffix under NTFS which you'll find probably also
    allows to bypass checks based on a equivalency of a filename.

    Cheers,

    Dave/